We want to spread the word about the significant role of vitamin D in the prevention, management and also the treatment of serious diseases, including: arthritis, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis and many cancers.
Taking a vitamin D supplement is one of the most important things we can do to improve our health. It is the only vitamin we cannot get enough of from a healthy balanced diet. A lot of people don’t know that.
The large majority of people in Europe need to take vitamin D regularly because for five or six months of the year the sun is not strong enough to make any in our skin. It does not have to be our brand. Of course, we believe that our D Microtabs are the best, easy to swallow and great value. But what matters is that you get more vitamin D somehow. If you can’t get enough vitamin D from exposure to the sun, please take a supplement!
Our goal is to help eradicate vitamin D deficiency (and insufficiency):
• Increase awareness of the extent and consequences of vitamin D deficiency
• Educate the public on the advantages of sensible exposure to the sun
• Provide an affordable and reliable source of vitamin D3, the natural human form, for those who do not get enough sunshine
• Fund clinical trials with vitamin D3 so that benefits may be better understood and get greater recognition from the authorities and doctors
Serious about Science
- A new government policy is needed for sunlight and vitamin D. Brit J Dermatol 2005;154:1052-61
- Sunlight Robbery: a critique of public health policy on vitamin D in the UK. Molecular Nutrition and Food Research, 2010;54(1-16).
- The Scots’ Paradox: Can Sun Exposure, or Lack of it, Explain Major Paradoxes in Epidemiology? Anticancer Research 32: 237-248 (2012)